Wednesday, March 21, 2007

THE SEVENTH VOYAGE OF SINBAD!

Kathrine Grant (Mrs Bing Crosby) grew up in the county where I was raised. When I was in grade school she came to our school to promote her new film, "The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad". She told us about how they made her look only a few inches high; after a wizard had shrunk her as a curse. We learned how they made the Cyclopses move and how the Dragon was animated. We were fascinated by her talk, but the movie was a tremendous adventure for a little boy's imagination.

I have told the story of the voyage to my grandsons for years, as well as how I met one of the stars. Recently I bought a copy of the video tape and shared it with my 5 & 6 years grandsons. It is still a tremendous adventure for little boys, even though the special effects are no match for Star Wars or the Chronicles of Narnia.


Little boys, (and little girls), learn a great deal by listening to stories, I hope you will take the time to tell the stories and teach the lessons.




Make Money Online





Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Cool story. I remember the film, but I don't think I've seen it since it first came out. Nice that you could find it again and relive the moments.

MC

Family Fun and Faith said...

The grandsons love to get it our and review it, and they even play the story in the back yard!